Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Notebook Crash?

I felt so upset tonight as my notebook suddenly crashed. When I just started it, it's still ok, booting up, then Windows XP loaded successfully. Then suddenly it went blue screen and restarted. I thought this is nothing as it always happened. My notebook having this problem for quite some time already.

Then after the restart, just few minutes after that, it went blue screen once again! But this time the only thing different with the blue screen problem I faced before is that it didn't restart the system. It stayed static on the blue screen page displaying some very technical errors which is too hard for me to understand. I just managed to copy one of the text in the error. "KERNEL_STACK_INPAGE_ERROR". What is that? I also don't know. Maybe I should googling for it later.

So, I have to restart my notebook manually. This time, windows cannot be loaded anymore. The system will keep restarting when come to the Windows XP loading screen. I knew I am facing big problem.

So I took out my hard drive from the notebook (this is the first time I open the slot and take out the hard drive) then installed it to my external casing and trying to detect it with my pc. I just wish that the drives can be detected so that I can copy some data in it to my pc. But my pc failed to detect it and some error popup saying something like window file corruption.

So I put the hard drive back to my notebook and this time, i try to repair my windows using a Windows XP cd. I was thinking, the worst case, I just format the partition. So, I followed the instruction as in the installation disc. If I can repair or reinstall my windows, meaning I can save my notebook.

But too bad, the luck is not with me. Just before the installation start, this message displayed on my screen.
"An error occurred while Setup was updating partition information on:"
"38155MB Disk 0 at Id 0 on bus 0 on atapi [MBR]."
"Setup cannot continue. To quit Setup, Press F3."
Gosh! I can't even reinstall or repair my windows!! So what else can I do? If can't access to windows, then you can't do anything! I can't even access the windows through safe mode! What else can I do then? I suspect it's either my RAM or my hard drive problem!

Can somebody help me? I am totally out of idea what to do! Now my brain is blank. I don't know how to save my notebook this time. Maybe I can spend some money to buy a new hard drive or RAM, but that not necessary solve my problem. Oh ya, I just found out that my RAM is built-in!! But got a spare slot for an extra RAM.

I am totally out of mood tonight. I just don't know what to do. Just hope that I can find the solution as soon as possible to save my notebook!

1 comment:

  1. Dude I feel for ya. Same exact thing happened to me last night and I have no idea what I can do next.. I have yet to attempt to put my computer in an external harddrive casing to see if I can back up that data.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...